Friday, April 17, 2015

Technology and Teaching: My Philosophy

Technology and Teaching    Registering for this class I was a little skeptical, I've heard many horror stories that slightly terrified me. Knowing that I had to have this class to graduate and get the degree that I have always dreamed of, I went for it, and to be completely honest I am so glad I did. Yes, I must say it was a lot of work and it took up 99% of my time, but I learned so much about technology and ways of teaching that will help me in the long run with my future career. I was unaware of how many different kinds of technology tools were available and useful for educators. By taking this course, I've learned how useful it is to incorporate technology tools into the classroom. Incorporating technology into lessons gets students excited to get their school day started. Technology also gets students engaged and involved in their own learning process. Another aspect of this class that I really like was learning about project-based learning. If you would have asked me four months ago what PBL was I would have looked at you like you were speaking a different language, but after furthering my knowledge on PBL, I have found it quite interesting. PBL helps students LEARN. Usually, students are given a bunch of definitions and information to study (memorize) for a test and then that's it. With PBL it allows students to apply deeper thinking to real life problems and actually learn the material, not just memorize it for a test. Now that this class is coming to an end I am so grateful that it is a requirement for my degree. I have learned so much useful information that I plan to apply in my classroom and hopefully bring out the best in my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment