Wednesday, March 11, 2015

C4T #2: Annie Palmer

What am I supposed to be learning?

    I had the pleasure of reading Mrs. Palmer's blog about her students taking control of their own learning process. I think this is a great way to get students involved and motivated to learn effectively. Letting them decide how they want to tackle a specific subject or concept will get them much more eager to learn new things.

My Comment: 
Hi Mrs. Palmer! My name is Alison Earley and I am a student at the University of South Alabama and I am currently working towards my elementary education degree. I loved reading your blog post. I think it is a very effective technique for teachers to use to get their students involved in there own learning process. As a future educator, I hope to one day use this method of teaching with my own students and get them motivated to learn!
Thank you for sharing this wonderful post and the video of your students!
Alison!
Twitter: @alieliz_beth

teaching children a lesson
Instructional Strategies: A Direction for Learning

    As I read Mrs. Palmer's blog about instructional strategies, it really got me thinking about when I was in elementary school. I never was asked if I understood the background of the material before they started teaching a specific subject my teachers just jumped in and assumed that we all understood. I will certainly use the technique that Mrs. Palmer is addressing in her blog post and hope many more future and current educators will do the same.

My Comment: 
Hi Mrs. Palmer. I recently commented on your, “What Am I Supposed To Be Learning” post. I also loved in Jason’s video the statement, “Tell me what you know about this target, and what you’re wondering about.” You need to set aside time in your lesson to give students the opportunity to ask questions about what they are fixing to learn. It will give them a better understanding of the content when you are actually teaching it to them. Thank you for sharing!!
Alison Earley
Twitter: @alieliz_beth
Class Blog: http://earleyalisonedm310.blogspot.com/ 
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment