Thursday, March 26, 2015

Blog Post #10

What Can we Learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

  In the first video of Mrs. Cassidy's First Grade Class, she showed us all of the uses of technology that she uses in her classroom. Students were blogging, skyping, videoing, etc; to learn their material. I thought it was great that Mrs. Cassidy let her students take control of their own learning, she let them do a lot of it on their own and she was there to guide them when they got stuck.
Mrs Cassidy

   Mrs. Cassidy's uses a bunch of different kinds of technology in her classroom, such as: blogger, videoing, skype, etc. She says that blogging for young children is a great way to get students involved, because it gets them more excited to do their work and do it more accurately because they know that their parents and students around the world can see it and comment on it.  In one of the videos with Dr. Strange, he asks her if she thinks teachers should be technologically literate. She say yes because technology is never going anywhere it is here to stay. I do believe that teachers should be technologically literate, but I also believe that no one teacher is going to know everything that there is to know about technology because it is always changing. I love the fact that Mrs. Cassidy chose blogging and skyping as useful technology in her classroom. I think it's a great way to get students more involved and interested in learning. Being able to skype other classes around the world is so neat for young children and lets them see how different learning can be in another states and/or countries. It was so interesting learning about Mrs. Cassidy's blog that I just had to find it and read some of the posts. As I was browsing, I came across a blog post called Flashlight Friday and the caption said that some Friday's they read by flashlights instead of using the overhead lights and that you would be surprised how engaged and tuned in your students are. I absolutely love this idea and will most definitely try this in my future classroom one day!

1 comment:

  1. Alison,
    I like how you found the flashlight Friday. I think that is a wonderful idea, especially for elementary teachers. I also found her tips for new teachers to be enlightening.

    ReplyDelete