Thursday, February 5, 2015

C4T#1: Elizabeth Moore

   Conferring and Student Goals

      As I read Mrs. Moore's Blog on conferring and student goals, I didn't realize how important such small acts of acknowledgements meant to students. In her blog she gives a few ideas of how you can personalize each students goals/tasks and make it "theirs". The one that stood out to me the most was printing each student their own individual picture, goal or task on a mailing label and sticking it in the back of their notebook. She explains to us, that students love to show off their unique "stickers" to their classmates. It's such a great way to show your student's that you are taking the initiative to give them something that they can call their own and also it can get them motivated to learn tasks and accomplish new goals.

My Comment:                                                                                                                                        Hi! My name is Alison Earley and I am a student at the University of South Alabama studying elementary education. I have about 2 years left in my college career and I am stoked about becoming an elementary school teacher. I loved reading your blog, though I am not big on writing, I loved the clip art “sticker” idea. It seems like a great way to get students encouraged to accomplish whatever goal that their teacher has given them, because face it who doesn’t love stickers!
Thank you so much for sharing this information.
Alison!
Twitter: @alieliz_beth
Student Blog: http://earleyalisonedm310.blogspot.com/

Slice of Life Story Challenge

Slice of Life Story Challenge        The second post that I read from Mrs. Moore's Blog was very new and interesting to me. She explains to us what the Slice of Life Story Challenge was and how it can be useful to teachers and students around the world. The Slice of Life Story Challenge is basically a big composite blog that students all around the world share their stories. I hope to get more educated with this tool as I further my education career and hope to use it in my future classroom.   

My Comment:
Hi! My name is Alison Earley, I recently commented on your blog “Conferring and Student Goals”. I have found the Slice of Life Story Challenge to be very interesting. I think it will be a great tool for students to use in classroom to connect with students around the world. I also admire that you took the time to post a section about internet safety. Most students don’t realize what they post on the internet is public and anyone anywhere can see what they post. I hope to accept this challenge in my future classroom!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Alison!
Twitter: @alieliz_beth
Student Blog: http://earleyalisonedm310.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment