Saturday, January 17, 2015

Practice Blog

Outline:

A. Who am I?

 1. I am Alison
 2. 3rd year at South
 3. From Mobile
 4. Daycare teacher

B. Why do I want to be and educator?

 1. Want to watch children grow
 2. Want to be an inspiration to children and their parents

C. What does an educator do in his or her practice?

 1. Help students learn and learn with them
 2. 21st centry educators: technologically literate

D. What are my passions?

 1. Children




Hey everyone I'm Alison! I am currently attending my third year here at South and so far it is going pretty well. I've had the privelege of meeting some inspiring people and professors here and I hope to meet many more. I was born and raised right here in Mobile, Alabama even though there is not much to do here, I wouldn't have wanted to grow up anywhere else. I am currently employed at Woodridge Baptist Learning Center which, for those of you who don't know, is a child care facility and I absolutly love it. It seems to some people it is just a "job", but you really have to have a passion for children to be able to work with them on a daily basis. The kids I work with have impacted my life more than you could ever imagine.

Ever since I can remember I have always loved children and wanted to be an Elementary School Teacher. I have always had a passion for working with kids, hints the reason I chose my current job. I hope that when I gradutate and get my Education degree that I can go out into the schools and be an inspiration to my students just like my teachers were to me. I want parents to trust that when their children are in my class they are getting the best care and knowledge that I could possibly give. I want to watch my students grow as I would my own kids. Not only by age but also by intelligence.

I believe teachers not only teach children but they also teach us. Seems like the children in this century are more technologically advanced than anyone. Children are more likely to pick up how to work a computer, IPad, or IPhone quicker than say someone in their 30s or 40s. With that being said teachers that are going to be teaching in this century will have to go through more training or classes to be on the technological level of students and be ready for how advance they will already be when they enter your classrooms.

One of my biggest passions is working with and watching children grow and learn new obstacles or milestones. I hope to one day be an admirable teacher and I want students to look forward to coming into my classroom.

imagesallow-your-passion_small-28q1pm4.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment